Cambodian official says Khmer Rouge tribunal’s work is done

Phnom Penh – A top Cambodian government official has reiterated his government’s intention to end the work of the U.N.-backed tribunal that last week convicted the last two surviving leaders of the Khmer Rouge of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.

Deputy Prime Minister Sar Kheng, speaking Saturday at a government ceremony in the northern province of Oddar Meanchey, said the tribunal’s work had been completed and there would not be any additional prosecutions for acts that led to the deaths of an estimated 1.7 million people in the 1970s.

In full: https://www.foxnews.com/world/cambodian-official-says-khmer-rouge-tribunals-work-is-done

© 2018, All rights reserved.