Two Men Arrested for Rapes of Female Relatives

Police have arrested a stepfather in the alleged rape of his 12-year-old stepdaughter in Banteay Meanchey province, while a grandfather in Kompong Cham province has been accused of raping his 13-year-old granddaughter.

In Banteay Meanchey province’s Malai district, police arrested a 47-year-old man after the girl’s mother filed a complaint against her husband on Tuesday, according to a district police report.

The stepfather raped the 12-year-old on Sunday night, only meters from where his wife was sleeping in their employer’s farmhouse in Beoung Beng commune, district deputy police chief Khot Chan Heng said.

The girl’s mother found out about the rape after her daughter refused to eat on Tuesday and she took her to a commune health center, where nurses said they suspected she had been sexually abused, Mr. Chan Heng said.

“The victim told the mother and then the mother filed a complaint with the police,” he said on Thursday.

The stepfather confessed while being questioned by authorities and was sent to the provincial court, where prosecutor Sok Keobandith said he was charged on Tuesday with rape and sent to the provincial prison.

In a seperate case, authorities in Kompong Cham province are investigating a case in which a 13-year-old girl accused her grandfather of raping her at their family home on Tuesday night.

The man, a 70-year-old brick-maker, is accused of assaulting his granddaughter in the bed they shared at his daughter’s house in Prey Chhor district’s Sor Mor commune, according to district police chief Yim Sophal.

The grandfather was arrested by commune police on Wednesday after the girl’s mother filed a complaint with police, Mr. Sophal said on Thursday.

“The suspect was arrested at the home, handcuffed and brought to the district police headquarters” where he was questioned before being sent to provincial police headquarters later on Wednesday, he added.

Provincial court prosecutor Hout Vuthy said the man was questioned by court officials on Wednesday but had not confessed. He was returned to provincial police headquarters where he was being detained overnight, he said.

Related Stories

Exit mobile version