Two die, 246 hospitalised after consuming contaminated cucumbers in Cambodia

Two people have died and 246 others have fallen ill in Cambodia after eating cucumbers reportedly contaminated with pesticide residues.

The fatalities and illnesses occurred at a drug rehabilitation centre, in Serey Sophorn town, on December 1.

“They had nausea, dizziness, breathing difficulty, stomach ache and diarrhea, several hours after they ate fresh cucumbers,” provincial health chief, Keo Sopheaktra, told news site Xinhua Net.

In full: https://7news.com.au/news/public-health/two-die-246-hospitalised-after-consuming-contaminated-cucumbers-in-cambodia-c-588059

Related Stories

Latest News

The Weekly DispatchA new weekly newsletter from The Cambodia Daily delivering news, analysis and opinion to your inbox. Published every Friday at 11:30am. Sign up today.