Two dead in nightclub blaze in Cambodia’s Preah Sihanouk province, says police chief

Two local persons died in a fire at a nightclub in southwestern Cambodia’s Preah Sihanouk province on Monday night (Jan 30), a provincial police chief said on Tuesday.

The blaze broke out at 8 p.m. local time at the Julie & Anna nightclub in Sihanoukville when a worker was welding a curtain rod and welding sparks falling on sound insulation foam on the walls ignited the fire, Preah Sihanouk provincial police chief Chuon Narin said in a report.

“A male-welder and a club waitress were killed in the blaze,” he said, adding that three other workers were also injured in the fire.

In full:

Related Stories

Latest News