Seven Cambodian labourers have died after drinking alcohol they were given as a disinfectant while in quarantine, having mixed it with water and soft drinks, the country’s health ministry has said.
The labourers had returned from Thailand and were placed in a coronavirus quarantine camp in the north-western Banteay Meanchey province.
The health ministry said on Saturday that 12 others had been taken to hospital after drinking the mix on Tuesday and Wednesday. They complained of headaches, dizziness and difficulty in breathing.
In full: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/13/seven-people-cambodia-die-after-drinking-disinfectant-alcohol