Room to Read is non-governmental, non-religious and work with many local NGOs and community based organizations to implement our programs. We currently work in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. We are now seeking qualified national applicants for the position of Country Director (1 position) based in Country Office-Phnom Penh.
Position overview: The Country Director (CD) has the overall responsibility for the strategic leadership and direction for the Room to Read (RtR) country program to achieve the organizational vision, mission, and objectives. The CD leads in developing, overseeing implementation, reviewing and monitoring results of the country program goals, objectives and targets maintaining program fidelity, cost efficiency and effectiveness. The CD embodies the core values of Room to Read and reports directly to the Asia Regional Director.
- Program Development, Implementation and Management
- Financial and Resource Management and Control
- Human Resources Management and Organizational Development
- Representation and External Relations
- Security and Risk Management
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public administration/Management/Education.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 5 (five) years in a senior management capacity (preferably in INGO sector).
- A management style that is outcome-oriented, but flexible, which respects the capabilities and independence of staff, while providing them with a clear sense of direction and enabling their success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a capacity to listen well and inspire trust.
Application procedure: Interested candidates may request a Job Description from Room to Read Cambodia Office.
To apply, please submit your application online through our website: www.roomtoread.org/careers.
The last date to receive application is 5:30pm, May 23, 2017 and will not be returned.
Tel/Fax: 023 881 161 / 881 171. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests.