Rescuer hauls puppy from collapsed Cambodian seven-storey building – as mission to save survivors is called off after death toll hits 36

Prime Minister Hun Sen said 23 people had been pulled out of the wreckage alive. He promised $50,000 to each family of those who died and $20,000 to injured.

The search for victims in the rubble of a collapsed seven-storey building in Cambodia has been called off this morning after the death toll hit 36. 

The country’s Prime Minister, Hun Sen, said that 23 people had been pulled out of the wreckage alive after the hotel crumbled to the ground in the seaside town of Kep on Friday afternoon. 

At least 13 women and six children were among the dead. 

In full: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7853341/Rescuer-hauls-puppy-collapsed-Cambodian-seven-storey-building-killed-36.html

Related Stories

Latest News

The Weekly DispatchA new weekly newsletter from The Cambodia Daily delivering news, analysis and opinion to your inbox. Published every Friday at 11:30am. Sign up today.