A 56-year-old man from Ipoh is worried about the safety of his son after the latter was duped by a job scam syndicate and taken to Cambodia.
The man, who wished to be known only as Christopher, said his 25-year-old son went overseas on the promise of a lucrative job offer on May 7.
“I received a call from him a few days later informing me that he had been duped by a syndicate and forced to work for them in Cambodia. After a week, the syndicate contacted me, demanding RM100,000 for his release,” he said.
In full: https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2022/07/06/job-scam-victim-now-held-by-immigration-in-cambodia