Authorities still are attempting to determine who was involved in the attempted export of 4.5 tons of marijuana seized in April, the secretary general of the National Authority for Combating Drugs said Thursday.
Em Sam An said he could not disclose information regarding the case, which marked the second-largest marijuana haul in Cambodia.
“We are still investigating,” said Em Sam An, who is also a secretary of state at the Interior Ministry. “I know some new information, but I cannot tell you now.”
According to Em Sam An, three suspects arrested in June and July—two police officers and a civilian—remain in detention, but other suspects remain at large. The marijuana was confiscated at Sihanoukville Port and later burned.
in a ceremony attended by Deputy Prime Minister Sar Kheng and then-US Ambassador Kenneth Quinn. It had been destined for Britain, authorities said.
A Municipal Court official, chief prosecutor Kan Chhoeun, said Thursday that he did not know if a court date had been set regarding the case.