Families of five migrant workers killed by a bomb in Thailand last week held funerals on Sunday and Monday, though the victims’ bodies have not yet been repatriated.
The five Cambodians were killed Wednesday when a World War II-era bomb exploded at a Bangkok scrap dealer’s warehouse.
Thai authorities have delayed sending the bodies back to Cambodia pending autopsies, Cambodian authorities said.
Four victims were from Banteay Meanchey province’s Prasat commune.
Prok Le, Prasat commune police chief, said funerals were held over the past two days for the four men: Moeun Pok, 28, Khoeun Ny, 34, Lann La, 10, and Lan Khach, 20.
A funeral was also held at the same pagoda for the fifth victim, Chha Barang, 23, from Siem Reap province.
The victims worked in Thailand as construction workers and trash collectors.
Koy Kuong, spokesman for the Foreign Affairs Ministry, said Cambodian and Thai authorities are cooperating to secure compensation for the families.
© 2014, All rights reserved.