Cambodia casino in flames, gamblers evacuate through thick smoke

At least 10 people, mostly Chinese, were wounded during a big fire at an 18-floor casino building in the bordertown of Poipet in Cambodia’s Banteay Meanchay province late on Monday night.

Initial reports said the fire was probably caused by an electrical short circuit in an elevator on the fifth floor of Genting Casino at about 11pm.

In full: http://www.asiaone.com/asia/cambodia-casino-flames-gamblers-evacuate-through-thick-smoke

Related Stories

Latest News

The Weekly DispatchA new weekly newsletter from The Cambodia Daily delivering news, analysis and opinion to your inbox. Published every Friday at 11:30am. Sign up today.