Backpacker died in Cambodian hostel after buying over-the-counter medication

Natalie Seymour and her friend Abbey Gail Amisola were taken ill with severe sickness and diarrhoea and brought an unknown medication before dying hours after.

A 22-year-old Brit backpacker and her Canadian companion were found dead in a Cambodian hostel after buying an unknown over the counter medication.

Natalie Seymour and her travelling pal were taken ill with severe sickness and diarrhoea after arriving at the Monkey Republic hostel in Kampot province.

Her phone was examined by the Cambodian authorities and it was found in the hours leading up to her death she had been carrying out Google searches about vomiting.

In full:

Related Stories

Latest News

The Weekly DispatchA weekly newsletter from The Cambodia Daily delivering news, analysis and opinion to your inbox. Published every Friday at 11:30am. Sign up today.