Two men and a woman died and 44 others have been admitted into hospital after drinking methanol-laced rice wine, Sambou district police chief Bun Chhoeun told Chinese news agency Xinhua.
Local police and authorities have now shut down rice wine productions in the province indefinitely after the incident, according to Phnom Penh Post.
The incident happened last Wednesday when the villages drank the wine after a rice harvest. Shortly afterwards, they started showing symptoms of dizziness, nausea and breathing difficulties.
© 2018, All rights reserved.