Facebook’s public policy director for Southeast Asia Rafael Frankel said at a press conference on Monday that hundreds of thousands of comments and posts about Covid-19 had been deleted from the social media platform for containing information that could lead to physical harm.
Meanwhile, Ministry of Information spokesperson Meas Sophorn said the ministry has warned the public about more than 30 Facebook accounts which were suspected of actively spreading misinformation about Covid-19.
Frankel said: “I don’t have statistics to share for Cambodia. What I can say is that globally, we have hundreds of thousands of pieces of misinformation that could lead to harm. We don’t usually separate our data on a country-by-country basis.”